Helcim Review – Forbes Advisor
Helcim has found its way into our list of the best credit card processing companies out there. We like it because it has a comprehensive pricing structure that lowers costs when you have more volume. Tiers are already discounted, helping business owners maximize their profits when making credit card transactions.
Price tiers are based on volume and whether or not the trade is in person or online/entry. Here is the monthly pricing structure for Helcim:
- $0 to $25,000: 0.30% + $0.08 in person; 0.50% + $0.25 online/entered
- $25,001 to $50,000: 0.25% + $0.07 in person; 0.45% + $0.20 online/entered
- $50,001 to $100,000: 0.20% + $0.07 in person; 0.40% + $0.20 online/entered
- $100,001 to $250,000: 0.18% + $0.06 in person; 0.35% + $0.15 online/entered
- $250,001 to $1,000,000: 0.15% + $0.06 in person; 0.30% + $0.15 online/entered
- $1,000,001 to $5,000,000: 0.12% + $0.05 in person; 0.25% + $0.10 online/entered
- Over $5,000,001: 0.10% + $0.05 in person; 0.20% + $0.10 online/entered
As you can see, you save on costs as your business grows. This can, however, lead to projection issues when you have a month off and the volume drops, as this is not an average volume structure.
One thing we like is that Helcim integrates with a company’s inventory management software. This means that when the sale is made, the system notices it and the inventory decreases in your system. This helps you manage your inventory better, knowing when you’re running low on certain items that may fly off the shelves.